Monday, September 28, 2009

i love this shirt


I got this shirt a little over two years ago. I was in search of some cute shirts that flattered my just-barely-gave-birth body, and I fell in love with the color, style, and super soft material of this one. Not to mention that it still had the original tags on (I've told you before that I do almost all clothes shopping for myself at second hand stores, right?), so I bought it without even trying it on. I got it home and tried it on. I still loved the color and material, but the style? Holy moly, the last thing to do when you are trying to NOT look pregnant is to buy a shirt with pleats over the waist. I had hoped that when my flat tummy returned the shirt would work, but no, even with my pre-pregnancy stomach this lovely shirt still managed to make me look like I was at least 5 months with child. So into the deep recesses of my closet it went, with the promises of being retrieved when I was ready to start showing off a belly full of baby once more.

Two years later and the shirt has been pulled out. We're pretty happy about it.

*Baby coming in early March
**Yes, that does make me almost 4 1/2 months along. Don't feel bad, we didn't really tell anyone until I was around 14 weeks.

18 comments:

Amy said...

CONGRATS!!! How wonderful!

ash b said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Lemme said...

BAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! This is such a clever post!!! I love you!!! Congratulations!!!! So...you find out in like 2 weeks?!!?!? Can't wait!!!!

Ani said...

You little stinker! I have been wondering about when you guys were going to have another one! Your little baby is turning into a little boy! Time for another baby!
So excited!

Katie said...

such wonderful news!

mandy said...

I was waiting for this!!!
Hooray for you!!!
Wonder if you'll be having another boy or a girl?? Any "feelings"?
And I hope you are feeling okay...

Danica Osborn said...

that is AWESOME! and sucha cute way to announce. i too have been wondering when there might be another one on the way. will you find out what you're having? don't you dare wait so long to post that news. ;)

Anonymous said...

hate you so much liar!!!!!!!!!

Chris said...

freaking liz! here i was praying for your di-zygotic miracle and you were already pregnant. :) i'm very pleased for you and extremely relieved that once again you have thwarted the sitting on cold concrete in romania makes you barren theory.
congrats love!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!

The Edwards Family said...

Congrats!!! That is so exciting!

Heather said...

Congratulations! That's awesome!

Kristi said...

Ha ha. Congratulations. Knew it! But don't you already know what you are having??? I found out at 15 weeks with Marina and I know you have an "all access pass" to the ultrasound machine. So....

Lauren said...

Congrats that is so exciting!!

Emily said...

YAY! So excited for your family.

Teacher Mama said...

Horray for cute belly shirts!

the mama monster said...

yeah congrats! my mama told me awhile ago and i am excited for you guys!

Breanne said...

Liz!!! I am so excited for you guys. Your new little one is so lucky to have you as a mother. Oh, what joy!