Monday, February 07, 2011

blue eyed valentine

Pretty happy she's mine.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I get the comment, "Oh, isn't she just a little Gerber baby?" all the time. I get why people say it (I think it is the combination of her round cheeks, wide eyes, and dark hair), but this picture really makes me see the "Gerber" look that she has. I took it at a weird angle, but if you tilt your head a bit you can kinda get the idea :).
Photobucket

This first photo was an attempt to photograph her shiny new tooth, but it was still so tiny that you can't really see it.
Photobucket

Here you can sort of see it. Bottom right. I took these pictures about two weeks ago, and they are already way old news. A couple days after this photo was taken she had the other bottom tooth poking through, and a couple days after that, her top right one as well. She waited awhile to get teeth (10 months), but when she did, she didn't mess around. George actually did the exact same thing, and I hope all of my children get those same genes. It is so nice to keep those gummy, baby mouths for as long as possible, in my opinion :). I'll have to get some current photos of my three-toothed wonder-- she totally looks like a hillbilly with that one top tooth.
Photobucket

Photobucket

At what age do baby girls start playing with baby dolls? I want her to love her baby, but so far she only likes holding her for about 10 seconds before she gets bored. She will give her hugs and kisses, but only because I tell her to. I am hoping that I am not raising a cold-hearted daughter that has zero mothering instincts :). She is probably still too little to really "get" the whole baby doll thing yet, I guess.
Photobucket

Something she does love? Opening up her drawers and emptying them, one article of clothing at a time.
Photobucket

Seriously, she could entertain herself for hours with this.
Photobucket

I decided I didn't want the entire drawer emptied, so I sat her down. She screamed (first photo). Then she reached over and got one of her shirts, which for some reason made her stop crying (second photo). Maybe she thought that holding the shirt meant that she would get to go throw the rest of them out of her drawer?
Photobucket

When I made the mistake of taking the shirt away so I could fold it any put it back, she did this again. Baby Girl has got some attitude and definitely lets me know what she thinks about things. I can't get over how much fun it is to watch unique personalities develop in these little people that are mine. George was (is) my mellow, cautious, gentle boy. I have so loved his easy-to-please demeanor. And now I have Pearl. Before she came along I would have thought that I would have always chosen to have an easygoing child over a little spitfire (if we could choose those things, obviously). Oh how she has changed my mind! I seriously adore that she is a little feisty, that she knows what she wants, that she is determined. I love that she has a little sass and spice. Really. She is all kinds of sweet and easy as well, but she can definitely hold her own too, and I love that. She's gonna need all that fire one day :).
Photobucket

George was in the room with us "reading" a book while I was taking these pictures. This book has a CD that goes along with it that reads the stories and George follows along and looks at the pictures. He LOVES this, and I think it is brilliant for times when I can't sit down and read with him. Anyway, Pearl likes the book, too, and I am constantly having to move her away so she doesn't rip all the pages in her zeal to see what her brother is doing (there have already been two casualties). It will be a fun day when she will just sit nicely next to George and "read" with him. For now, George and I are left trying to keep her away. I love these pictures because they show how gentle George (usually) is with his Penguin. She reaches, he, without bothering to look up and see what is happening, knows to just calmly move her hand away.
Photobucket

This happens over and over and I call her name to try to get her to come over to me.
Photobucket

There is no distracting this baby from getting what she wants. She goes for it again.
Photobucket

In a moment of brilliance, George moves the book higher and rests his leg out on his sister to keep her at a safe distance.
Photobucket

Love these little readers.
Photobucket

And lastly, in case you needed more proof that our Pear girl delights in emptying drawers, here you go. This time it was George's underwear bin that she got ahold of, and oh how happy she was. Until I found her :).
Photobucket

No comments: