Monday, May 30, 2011

chickens, part three: meet the flock

John, George and I had fun naming our chicks. Some of the names have meaning (like StrongFluff, because she was the firstborn of our hatchlings, strong and very fluffy :)), and others are pretty random (like Luigi, because George insisted). Here they are (the photo on the left is from when they were still pretty little and fuzzy, the one on the right was a week later when their feathers were starting to come in more fully):
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(Is Bevisa not the most awesome name for a chicken? Makes me laugh every time.)

Here are a few more photos of them together in the backyard. I didn't ever think I would find chickens beautiful, but I must admit, these little babies had their moments.
Photobucket

I like this one of all the eyes.
Photobucket

Pearl likes them now. Maybe too much.
Photobucket

I love this of both my children and their first pets :).
Photobucket

George is a really great brother. He is also a great chicken protector :).
Photobucket

See Pearls sneaky little fingers in there on Maude's back?
Photobucket

Here's a more recent photo of them with more feathers. I need to get a current one because they are now totally feathered (is that a word?).
Photobucket

And there's that touchy Miss Pearl again.
Photobucket

Pictures of the chickens' new house next, and that should about complete my chicken series. Don't be too excited :).

No comments: