Monday, June 08, 2009

scenes from a sickhouse

I spoke too soon. Last time I posted I was sure that Baby G was getting better. He was acting much better and wanting to eat everything in sight, so I though he was on the mend. I guess he wasn't because I was still cleaning up throw-up on Friday. This has been a pretty crazy illness. I haven't really been sure what to do because I don't ever know if he is still sick or not. I am thinking that he is getting better for real this time because he has had two days with no symptoms, but knowing my luck he will be losing his lunch tomorrow. We'll keep our fingers crossed though, because this time I think it's the real deal. Here are a few of the pictures we took over the past week or so of our sick boy.

He spent more time than I'd like to admit watching TV. We almost never have the TV on during the day normally, and I felt pretty guilty propping my child's head up with pillows so he could see Zoobomafoo, but what else can you do when you have a little kid that is so sick that he doesn't even want to lift his head up?

He spent at least 5 days straight without getting out of his pajamas or getting his hair combed.

We had a rainstorm one of the days and I lifted him up to the window so he could see the rain coming down. He immediately started asking for his raincoat and boots, and since he hadn't really moved out of my bedroom at all that day I figured a little fresh air might be good for him. He had fun, but only lasted a few minutes. He didn't have the energy to stomp in puddles. Notice that he still has his pjs on.

One of the Sundays (all the days are kind of a blur) Baby G's aunt, uncle, and cousin stopped by to drop off some Pedialite freezer pops. We were out in the living room talking and Baby G came toddling out to see what was going on. He was so sweet and just stood there looking at us like, "What are you guys doing out here without me?" Then his cousin Logan (who is 4 months older) read him a story.

This is my favorite picture of them all. Notice the million sippy cups scattered all over our room. A sure sign of parents trying to keep their child from getting dehydrated.

Baby G lounged like this on everything and everyone. He is always pretty cuddly, but it was kind of funny to see him just constantly lay down wherever he was because he didn't have any energy. 

This picture was taken before I wrote the last post about Baby G wanting a burger and fries. He hadn't kept anything down (or wanted to eat) for four days and we went up to my parents house to visit. He took one look at the fresh chunky salsa and started begging for some chips. I don't know how many two-year-olds love fresh salsa (the kind that is basically just chunks of tomatoes, peppers, and onions), but Baby G went to town shoveling as much of it into his mouth as he could.

Baby G has been super into playing "basey-ball" lately. We were going to buy him a t-ball set and then we discovered that he could hit the ball when it was pitched to him (which totally shocked me). Anyway, he wanted to get outside and play, but again, had no energy to stand there and swing. So he sat. It made hitting a little more difficult, but it did the job.

Apparently this illness is going around, but I will hope that this is the end of it for us and that none of your children get it :).


Lucy, Marc and Katie said...

i hope is finally better

The Anderson's said...

ha ha ha Baseball!!!!! Yess!! Atta boy Baby G!!!