Tuesday, December 23, 2008

i can't wait

to spend Christmas with him. He marvels and wonders at carameled apples-- imagine how excited he will be to open up a new hammer!


The magic of Christmas is so tangible to me this year because of our boy.
He makes all things delightful.
If you ask him what Santa says he replies, "Ho! Ho!"
If you ask him what Jesus says he replies, "Peace!"
We figured Jesus needed to be represented as much as Santa, and "Peace be unto you" was too long for him, so he gives you the '70's version and it cracks me up every time.

We are off to spend the week between Christmas and New Year's at The Beach (capitalized because it is a proper noun in my husband's family-- they have a beach they have gone to at this time of year for over 40 years now). I have been looking forward to this all year-- a week full of my husband who will not have ANY deadlines or due dates or schedules to follow. We can't wait to share his beach with our baby.
Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Abbi said...

Merry Christmas to you too!! You have the cutest little boy--I love your idea of teaching him what Jesus says. That made me laugh thinking about him saying, "Peace." What a sweetheart. I don't comment on your blog very often, but I love checking it--it's always so uplifting and fun, so thank you. It seems to me like you are living this perfect existence. You are such a good mom! Have fun at The Beach! :)

Lemme said...

sounds fun!!! now i wanna go to rocky mountain chocolate factory!!

Teacher Mama said...

Thank you for giving proper respect to the Beach. I can't wait to see you guys. I'm sitting on the couch in ST. George hoping you are on your way.

GregR said...

What a magical time in the sand and sun. I'm glad we got a little swimming hole for G so he could splash around in the water.
He's a beautiful wonderful boy. It was fun to see you and John relaxing. Thanks for the sacrifice, I know it hard with little boys who wiggle at night.

Soap Blaster said...

That is awesome. If you ask Logan what Jesus sais, he sais, "Jesus said love everyone. Treat them kindly to". These kids are so cute. I wish that I could have been at the beach with you guys. I'm glad everyone made it home safely.

Unknown said...

He is the most adorable little man ever...and that outfit...grab my camera! Hope your Christmas was the best ever.