Monday, March 31, 2008

Tiggity Tag

Mandy tagged me and I think she will be proud with how quickly I've responded :).
Here are the rules:
A: Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves
B: At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names; then goes to their blogs, leaves them a comment letting them know that they have been tagged and invites them to read your blog.

1. I am a little bit of a spelling/grammar freak. If something is spelled wrong or written grammatically incorrect it sticks out in my brain and drives me crazy. And I love reading things that are well-written and use proper subject-verb agreement :).
2. I have anxiety issues when there are dirty dishes left in my sink. If the kitchen isn’t cleaned up before I go to bed I wake up feeling stressed about having a messy kitchen—which is why I don’t go to bed (or leave the house) with a dirty kitchen. I absolutely LOVE waking up/coming home to a clean kitchen (wow, I used the word “kitchen” a lot).
3. I give unsolicited driving instructions when I am in the car with my husband. He insists that he can get places without me, but seriously, I cannot tell you the number of times we have missed our exits if I don’t remind him to get in the right lane in enough time. I feel completely justified in being a backseat driver with him because if I’m not we won’t get where we need to go on time.
4. If I don’t do something in my house right when I see it (ie: dust the TV when I notice it needs it) then it doesn’t get done. I have learned that when I see something that needs to be cleaned/fixed in my house I should just take a minute and do it right then or else I won’t remember to do it later and it won’t get done.
5. I become unresponsive when I am nursing my baby. I get into this zone where I space out in deep thought and will seriously not notice that my husband has been saying my name repeatedly for 2 minutes. I wouldn’t even know this except I am making an effort to be better because my poor husband feels like I ignore him every time I feed our son.

6. I rarely listen to a song all the way through. I have favorite parts of songs that I like to hear and once the part is over I am ready to move on to the next song. Maybe that’s why I pretty much just stick to listening to AM Sports Radio in my car instead of music.
I tag Rachael, Karissa, Amy, Katie, Kristi, and Camie.



5 comments:

Teacher Mama said...

Sorry about number three. I think it is a maternal genetic defect. In my brother's defense, when I am alone in the car, and I'm not on my phone, I do much better. I am less distracted and I rarely miss exits or get lost.

Jessica said...

I have to have a clean kitchen too! I think its because its the central hub of the house and if it's dirty, you feel like the whole house is dirty.

Kristi said...

I laughed when I read number one because I remember in high school when you teased me for spelling awkward wrong (ackward). I remember you always saying A-W-K-W !!! Since that is still a favorite word of mine, I think of those times often :)

Kristi said...

Yes, Marina does like Baby Einstein, sort of. I put it on two or three times a week while she is playing in her bouncer. Sometimes she ignores it completely, sometimes she watches and then just cracks up laughing.

mandy said...

um. i am impressed with your quick reply. Well done.